Meet the fleet.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1
fisger8

Meet the fleet.

Postby fisger8 » July 11th, 2016, 5:30am

Some of you know me from my 2004 GMC Sierra. Well I figure it is time to introduce it's sibling(s). I also have a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 3.5l V6 with 127,000 miles and just acquired a 2005 Cadillac DeVille 4.6l NorthStar v8 with 42,000 miles on it. Both are in quite good condition for age. The Caddy I,,, well I always wanted a Caddy. It came up at a price that made it kind of a no brainer. It is in great conditon though does have a few scratches. One on the rear bumper cover and one on the passenger side rear fender. Guess I don't need to worry about putting the first one on it. Today I got all 3 and parked them close enough to snap a few pics of the family.

Dave
Idling
Name: #32

Re: Meet the fleet.

Postby Dave » July 13th, 2016, 2:56am

MAN! I love those Cadillacs! Such a smooth quiet ride. I'll have one some day.

fisger8

Postby fisger8 » July 14th, 2016, 1:19am

Luxury and power! It may not compare to some of the newer cars in the power department but does move pretty good too. Have not opened it up but know it pulls hard to about 70. Really does not feel like you are going that fast when you are. Also noticed that while the ride is like a cloud. It does not experience as much body roll as I thought it would.
What can I say? I just had to have it at the price. Noticed today that it is a vehicle that causes me to look back at it when walking away into a store or something like that. My dad always said if you don't look back you bought the wrong car. I do the same most times with my truck but not the Malibu. Some may think that is just crazy or weird but to me it is another of the symptoms of being a motor head. Others include busted knuckles, grease in the veins, enjoying the smells of fuel/grease and a light wallet.

I really like looking at this car.
Been calling that the Star Wars dash.

Uncle Vinny

Postby Uncle Vinny » August 6th, 2016, 4:19am

Caddy...yes. Would love to have me a CTS or CTS-v, but life and/or employment dictates my possibilities.
Build thread: The Sportsman

You can fix anything automotive with a floor jack, two stands, channel locks, Mexican speed wrench and duct tape.

fisger8

Postby fisger8 » August 16th, 2016, 1:25pm

Went and picked up new tires for my Malibu yesterday. Old tires were shot and it was getting hairy even driving because of sliding. No cords showing but not much tread either.

I picked up a set of Hankook Optimo H727. Was told they are the only 100k mile tire out. Have run Hankook on my trucks for years but never on a car before. While I don't really expect that type of mileage. At 130k miles on the Malibu I am thinking these could be the last set I buy it.

Dave
Idling
Name: #32

Postby Dave » August 19th, 2016, 11:14am

Yeah, you wereally definitely ready for some new tires.
Now for the important question. I'd you do a burnout with the old ones?

There is something special about the smell of burning rubber.

fisger8

Postby fisger8 » August 21st, 2016, 5:17am

Of course I did a burnout with the old ones before going in. Got them rolling smoke a bit.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1